Saturday, September 22, 2018

Mindsets with Teaching and Technology

In teaching 2010 this week, I was asked to write an essay about my understanding of mindsets and changes that become from having them. My full essay can be found here and is influenced by what I read and listened about in class during the past week. Summarizing my paper I talk about how well students learning can be influenced by their teacher's mindsets. I reflect on my own mindset and what I plan to do as a teacher in my future. Everyone has different mindsets and they affect how you learn best and view different things. Whatever mindset it is that you have might just be by nature based on how you grew up. To see more of a visual representation of different mindsets you can see an infographic I made on the website piktochart below.



2 comments:

  1. Chelsea, I completely agree with the idea that as a teacher you need to have a growth mindset. Teachers need to be open to the idea of trying new things and changing their teaching strategies based on their class. I also agree with what you had said about how having a growth mindset helps to keep your students engaged. One question I have for you, because it's something I wonder about myself, is how do you plan on dealing with a student who has a fixed mindset? Overall, I really enjoyed your essay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Chelsea! I agree with your idea that students can be influenced by their teachers mindsets. I enjoyed reading your essay!

    ReplyDelete