Thursday, October 11, 2018

PLN: Proffesional Learning Network

This week in my educational Media Theory class we discussed Professional Learning Networks, also known as a PLN. We were assigned to make a mind map which is our PLN. PLN's are used to show how you receive information in the world and who you connect with. Connections are very important for any person in this world including those that would like to become educators like me and for much other future careers. My personal learning network shows colleagues I have, social networks I use, resources, and clubs & organizations I am apart of. Every part of my PLN helps me in a different way, the resources mentioned are some of those that I have available on the University of Wisconsin Platteville college campus. The resources available here extend much more than mentioned. Within my clubs and organizations, I'm in, they allow me to gain more knowledge and skills to help me become a more well-rounded person. Social networks are the largest part of my PLN, each one I use in a couple of different ways. Snapchat, Facebook and Instagram are all more for my social usages and staying connected with friends. Pinterest I use to pin ideas that I like and possibly find things I want to make in my future. My blog and Twitter currently is mainly used to follow educators, post about what I'm doing during my years in school and see what others are doing. Each part of my PLN represents different ways I may connect with people in this always changing world. I created my PLN on the website Popplet. Popplet is good to use for organizing things and ideas visually. I found it easy to use and inset my images into easily. Below you can see my own PLN.





No comments:

Post a Comment